spring/summer 2018 Hammonds ed.

And just like that. Months upon month have passed since I even thought about posting on this little memory vessel, aka, blog. But honestly, the time I've spent with my amazing husband and beautiful children while being fully and completely undistracted has granted me an inner peace I never knew existed. That urge to pull out your phone and mindlessly scroll a feed that you will forget about 5 minutes later is missing life's point.  Life is short, and yet we still go about our days with a huburistic attitude.  We never really feel the weight of how tender and rare this life is.  But perhaps if we can talk about it more openly, we can make progress in moving our egos aside to allow room for growth and betterment.  Or, an the very least, make room for more love.

In a time when everyone gets to publicly voice their opinions, I plan to voice mine as well.  But what's different now is that I don't need to voice anything to anyone besides whom I've vowed my undying love and dedication to.  I truly feel my place on this earth was to be Michael's companion and life partner and the mother of these two beautiful girls. And beyond that, I don't know much. But I am learning. I am learning every day.

I see life slow down. I can't believe I have spent a moment of my children's lives not completely, 100 percent present.  I have made a promise to myself that my life will be a collection of moments that I have fully enjoyed, not a collection of moments I spent 50% there and 50% elsewhere.

And so, I want to document a few moments that I did manage to capture on my phone in the last few weeks because I know my girls will read this one day and wonder what spring/summer 2018 was like on the Covelo Ct. homestead.

hint: IT WAS BLISS.
                                                                          JANE'S FIRST VBS, 2018!
















Jane + Maddux= buds


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

friday in boulder.

nothing in this world like a sister.