Dormir means to sleep



Jane's newest love is door knobs and doors.  She loves opening and closing them, and mom is closely monitoring so she doesn't catch any of those precious, chubby fingers in the cracks. 

In other news, the title of my post is "Dormir mean to sleep."
Dormir is the French verb "to sleep."

My mom confession is that I am a better mom when I get a good night's rest. Those first few sleepless months with an infant are fueled by adrenaline alone. Then that starts to fade, and you need a better routine. Michael and I decided Jane would sleep in her own crib from the beginning. Since we exclusively breastfeed, that meant that mom would be up and down all night, picking her up from her crib, nursing her, then putting her back down. 

I would say from about months 3-6 this happened about three times per night. I didn't mind because I fell back asleep quickly and if I added the hours up, I always slept enough. But sometimes the constant feedings would agitate me, as I so badly yearned for uninterrupted sleep.  I started to let Jane wake up, "talk" for awhile in her crib, and let her fall back asleep on her own.  At around 9 months, she was waking up for just one feeding per night

Now, at nearly 10 months old, I can officially say we have weened all night feedings.  She goes to bed at 7 pm, and wakes at around 6:30 am for her morning feeding. Then, I put her back in her crib for another hour. She usually doesn't fall back asleep, but she has a couple toys in there to occupy her time.  I find that when she spends some morning time alone in her crib, she talks and explores, plays independently, and learns to entertain herself. 

Jane still goes down for her morning nap from 9:30-11:30 & then an afternoon nap from 1:30-3:30. 
I am feeling very thankful & well rested.

I guess this means it's time to mess it all up and have another baby! ;)

**A note to future, sleepless me & all the mamas and papas out there who are super tired!**

It DOES get better! You will sleep again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

friday in boulder.

nothing in this world like a sister.