Tu me manques..




There are many benefits to knowing French, even in America.  Although a better choice may have been Spanish, I am thrilled that I have become fluent in French and familiar with French culture.  I cannot wait to have little baby bumblebees to care for and teach French to.  Introducing them to the structure of a foreign language (and particularly that of a romance language) will help them exponentially in their education, interaction with society, and understanding of culture in general.  

One thing that I realized while living in France was that the French have expressions and phrases that cannot be translated into English; they cannot be translated because they would lose their meaning and eloquence.




 "In French, you don’t really say “I miss you.” You say “tu me manques,” which is closer to “you are missing from me.”
I love that. “You are missing from me.” You are a part of me, you are essential to my being. You are like a limb, or an organ, or blood. I cannot function without you. "


Comments

  1. I was just thinking about your blog today, and realized I hadn't checked it in far too long! So glad to have found it again. My computer ate my blog lists last year. :(

    BUT so happy I tracked it down!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girl! You know what? I JUST started back up on my little blog. So, I guess it's perfect timing anyways =) I've miss my little blogging community.

      Excited to hear what you've been up to

      xox

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

friday in boulder.

chandy-obsessed.